Church Planting & Thriving
June 5 @ 6:00 pm - June 7 @ 5:00 pm
The Oregon Pacific District is offering Church Planting Training for those interested in learning more about either planting a church themselves, daughtering a church from an existing church, or helping an existing church to THRIVE.
The next available training is June 5-7 at South Salem Church of the Nazarene.
Participants have three track options at this church planting training:
- Church Planting Essentials (CPE)
- Churches Planting Churches (CPC)
- Church Planting Essentials (CPE) in Spanish.
Church Planting Essentials is church planting “basic training.” It is ideal for church plant pastors. The materials were created by Dynamic Church Planting International, based upon years of working in mission areas where the church is expanding rapidly. It teaches how to:
- Organize and refine your vision, purpose, strategies, and timeline early, so that you have a clear plan for the future.
- Use Biblical principles for church planting in everything you do.
- Recognize and avoid common church planting “land mines”.
Churches Planting Churches is church sponsorship 101. It is ideal for pastors of sponsoring churches. It was also developed by Dynamic Church Planting International. The sessions in this training equip you to:
- Answer fears and objections to church planting
- Determine the involvement of the mother church
- Find resources needed to fund the daughter church
- Overcome common barriers in the new work
- Recruit a church planter and leadership
- Create your own personalized V.I.P. (Vision-Involvement-Plan)
THRIVE is an environment designed to help the local church gear up for maximum effectiveness. THRIVE combines classroom learning with peer-to-peer learning. Throughout the course, students will be introduced to tips and strategies to assess the condition of the local ministry and develop a plan to increase local ministry effectiveness. Additionally, participants will forge relationships with other churches going through the process and will be given opportunities for on-going partnership and collaboration.
South Salem Church of the Nazarene
1661 Boone Road SE
Salem, OR 97306
$35 (includes course materials and three meals)
Phoenix Inn South Salem
4370 Commercial St. SE
Salem, OR 97302