If you’re in the 1st – 6th grade- or
know someone who is- then
Bible Quizzing is for you! It’s time
to find out how fun studying God’s
Word can really be! This is
definitely something you don’t
want to miss!
What is Children’s Bible Quizzing?
Children’s Quizzing is a Bible Study for children in grades 1-6. The philosophy of Children’s Bible Quizzing is Bible study. It is important to help children know what the Bible says and help them demonstrate biblical teachings in actual life situations. The goal of Children’s Bible Quizzing is for children to know the God of the Bible.
What books of the Bible do the children study?
There are six books in the Children’s Bible Quizzing study series that have been specifically chosen for children to gain an overarching understanding of the chronology and meaning of the Bible.
Each Bible study not only helps children understand this chronology, but the people in each lesson come to life as children learn about their humanity and God’s plan to make all things new. While God sometimes uses miracles to achieve His purposes, He often works in relationship with His beloved creation: people.
Children’s Quizzing Study Cycle
1 & 2 Samuel
What is the Philosophy and Purpose of Children’s Bible Quizzing?
The philosophy of Children’s Quizzing is Bible study. It is important to help children know what the Bible says and help them demonstrate biblical teachings in actual life situations. The goal of Children’s Quizzing is for children to know the God of the Bible.
The purpose of Children’s Quizzing Bible study and competition is to help children:
• Desire to study the Bible.
• Get acquainted with basic Bible study.
• Grow in understanding of the overall chronology of the Bible.
• Learn that God is the central character and Hero of the Bible.
• Gain increased understanding of God as He is revealed in each study.
• Understand how people in the Bible interacted with God, and know how people today may do so also.
• Enjoy quizzing competition.
• Grow in the ability to reflect Christian attitudes and behaviors during competition.
In Children’s Bible Quizzing, each child challenges himself or herself to reach award levels. In this approach, children quiz against a base of knowledge, not each other. The multiple-choice method of competition allows every child to answer every question. This approach makes it possible for every child to score a perfect score.
Is Competition Required?
No. Competition is an optional part of the Children’s Bible Quizzing ministry. Each church and each child decide if they want to participate in a series of competition events.
All competitions are to be held in accordance with the “Children’s Quizzing Official Competition Rules and Procedures.”
In Children’s Bible Quizzing, children do not compete against each other to determine one winner. Rather they compete against themselves to earn the highest score possible.
Do All Children of All Ages Participate Together?
There are two levels of Children’s Bible Quizzing.
RED Level is designed for a 1st-3rd grade comprehension level or for children generally 6-8 years old.
BLUE Level is designed for a 4th-6th grade comprehension level or for children generally 9-12 years old.
Levels are not limited to certain grades or ages.
May Other Denominations Participate?
Yes. Churches from any denomination may participate in both official and unofficial competitions.
Ready to Get Started?
Beginning Your Children’s Bible Quizzing Ministry
1. Order Materials from the Nazarene Publishing House at http://gokidsquiz.com.
• Leader book for each teacher
• Pupil book for each child
• Additional resources for biblical study (optional)
• NIV Scripture portion for each child (optional)
• Answer Boxes (one box per child)
*Note: Additional materials are available to enhance your Children’s Bible Quizzing ministry.
2. Contact your district Children’s Bible Quizzing Director.
Request competition information (dates, times, locations, Bible studies covered at invitational competitions, etc.) from your district Children’s Bible Quizzing director. You may also want to join our Children’s Quizzing Facebook Group for additional suggestions, help and support from other coaches around the state.
3. Select a day, time, length (60 or 90 minutes), and location for your weekly Bible studies.
You will also need to determine if you will combine or separate the levels—RED Level (beginning) and BLUE Level (advanced).
4. Read and Prepare the Bible studies.
You will need to be prepared. Read ahead and prepare the lessons. Keep the focus on Bible study—not competition.
5. Advertise the weekly Bible study.
• Place information in the church newsletter and worship folder.
• Make announcements in children’s classrooms and adult Sunday School classes.
• Send an invitation to each elementary aged child in your church.
6. Present the information as a Bible study for children.
Children will need a Bible and study book. Include reading the study passages and discussion in your Bible study time. Involve all children in the Bible study. When competitions occur, allow children to decide if they want to participate in competition.
The objective of Children’s Quizzing is Bible study, not competition.
Questions? Contact: Wendy Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org